Steroids can be really helpful for bodybuilders. However, even though they help your muscles grow faster than usual, they can bring a significant decline in the amount of luteinizing hormone your body possesses. This decline in the hormone level stops the testes from producing testosterone, which results in a rapid testicular degeneration. This degeneration can be harmful in many ways, but hopefully, has a simple cure. HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a hormone that is extracted from the urine of pregnant females, is one of the most effective cures for anabolic steroid cycles. While also known for its role in weight loss, HCG has greater chances of helping bodybuilders or any other individuals who use steroids.
What Exactly Is ‘HCG’?
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin or HCG is a hormone produced by the embryo in pregnant females, and is the HCG that is detected in pregnancy tests. HCG is also produced by some cancerous tumors. When used after anabolic steroid cycles, HCG induces testosterone production by signaling the leydig cells.
How Does It Work For Bodybuilders?
HCG is similar to luteinizing hormone, which is why it can also be used to induce ovulation in females as well as the production of testosterone in the testes. This is how the Human Chorionic Hormone helps bodybuilders counter testicular degeneration:
- The decline in luteinizing hormone brought about by the use of steroids is controlled by the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. Usually, HCG diet is received subcutaneously or intramuscularly by injection.
- Anabolic steroid cycles suppress the production of luteinizing hormone, which in turn, affects testosterone production.
- HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin acts as a substituent to luteinizing hormone for testosterone production and fixes the testicular degeneration.
Apart from the role it plays in the elimination of this issue, HCG can also help bodybuilders get rid of unnecessary fat. However, weight loss involving HCG requires a diet of as low as 500 calories, which can be a little hard for some to follow; though many weight loss programs involving the use of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin claim that the hormone suppresses hunger and causes the body to utilize stored fat.
Is It Safe?
Unlike many other products and natural supplements, HCG does not harm. Even though Human Chorionic Hormone, in relatively large amounts, is produced by embryo in pregnant women and cancerous tumors, it is also produced normally in both, males and females, though in amounts barely detectable. HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is completely safe for use by bodybuilders; at least safer than the needle.
Why You Need It
These are some of the major reasons the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone may help you out as a bodybuilder:
- Bodybuilders can use HCG to counter muscle tissue breakdown at the end of anabolic steroid cycles.
- Male bodybuilders use the hormone to restore normal testicular activity. This also restores shrunken testes to their normal size.
- When taken with a low calorie diet, HCG diet can help bodybuilders burn off fat.