There has been an immense rise in the injectable Botox treatment that is known for its anti-ageing effects. More and more people are now getting this treatment to erase the prominent signs of ageing i.e. lines and wrinkles. Botox induce muscle paralysis in the target muscles which stop contracting. As a result of this action, the surface skin becomes smooth and wrinkles as a reaction. The treatment results appear in a few days and last for up to 6 months after which the effects wear off and your natural facial state appears.
The Botox is a prescription only medicine which means that it should only be taken on prescription but unfortunately, unprofessional and non-medical people are also administering Botox without a proper prescription and medical background. This has made it difficult for the people seeking Botox treatment to identify the expert, trained and experienced cosmetic medical professionals from unprofessional and fake botox injectors.
Botox injections when performed by the trained and experienced medical professionals who have botox injection training give outstanding and safe results. Here are some useful tips which can help you in making the right botox clinic or aesthetic practitioner choice.
- The injection of Botox cannot be administered by skilful and untrained hands. Therefore, it is necessary that qualified, trained and experienced hands perform it. There is a number of trained practitioners, nurses and dentists who offer Botox It is always recommended that you choose a medical professional over any other for Botox treatment.
- Check whether the clinic or practitioner has authentic registration with the relevant regulatory authority or not. Doctors should have registration with GMC and nurses should have registration with NMC in the UK. Their registration can be easily checked through the online portals of the regulatory authorities.
- Check that your practitioner or clinic has the certification in aesthetic courses to exhibit. The clinics or practitioners who proudly display their certifications are a better choice over the others. Otherwise, you can ask them to show their certifications.
- Inquire if the cosmetic clinic or practitioner provides proper medical insurance coverage known as ‘medical indemnity’. This is for the protection of the patient in case the procedure gives bad results or goes wrong.
- Search for the clinic or practitioner who regularly offers Botox and other injectable treatments. Also check or ask if they have multiple clinics in the other areas or cities, nationally or internationally.
- A clinic that offers free pre-procedure consultation to address the patient’s concerns can be a good choice. It also provides you with a detailed overview of the treatment along with side effects, possible results and risks involved. This gives you a time to assess the knowledge and expertise of the cosmetic practitioner.
- Follow-up service is another significant feature that is offered by good and reputed aesthetic practitioners or clinics. As the optimal botox effects only become visible after almost 2 weeks, you need to have follow-up option in case you do not get the desired results.